The Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club (VRPC) was formed on November 29, 1958 as a private shooting range club and the land was graciously donated to VRPC by Orval Higdon. VRPC is a 50 feet indoor range with 12 firing points. We are a private club, only members can use the range and non-members can shoot as a guest of members only. We do allow organization and groups the use of our range, like Hunter Education, Bullseye Pistol, Cowboy Action, Practical Pistol, the Young Marines, Boys Scouts of America, 4H Clubs, and others.
Who Can Join?
- Anyone who is a United States citizen or legal resident and can own a firearm legally.
- We sign up new members at our monthly board meetings which are held the second Tuesday of every month. However in July we have no board meeting and in March we hold our annual meeting on the First Saturday. The board meetings are held at the range in the club house and start promptly at 7:00 PM.
- There is a one time registration fee of $80.00 unless you are a member of Clark Rifle.
- Our annual membership dues are $100.00 (seniors, older then 62, are $70.00).
- Membership is per a household, meaning immediate family members and life partners under the same roof are included in the membership. However, they must come with the primary member or get their own access card to the range. Guest of members pay $5.00 per a visit and members cannot bring more than two guest at a time.
What is allowed to be shot?
- Any .22 LR caliber rifle or pistol is allowed (No Magnum .22).
- Any Pistol caliber as long as it is 1000 Feet Per a Second (FPS) or less. This means NO Magnum caliber, NO high power rifles, NO .17 caliber rifle or pistol.
- Due to our back stop only Lead, Copper plated, Nylon coating, or Copper wash ammunition is allowed to be shot.
- No Jacketed ammunition is allowed on the range at any time (this includes semi-jacketed, full jacket, partial jacket, military ball or any other type of ammunition with a jacket of any kind) If any member or member’s guest uses jacketed ammunition on the range the member will have their membership revoked. This is a safety issue!
- NO Shotgun Shells are allowed to be shot and this includes the Judge pistols or pistol that can shoot shot shells. These shotgun shells destroy our rubber backing that prevents splash back.
What are the hours of operation?
VRPC is open to members from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM, 7 days a week all year long. Provided there is no board approved schedule activity on the calendar.
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club is NRA, USA Shooting, and CMP Sanctioned Club.