The Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club (VRPC) was formed on November 29, 1958 as a private shooting range club and the land was graciously donated to VRPC by Orval Higdon. VRPC is a 50 feet indoor range with 12 firing points. We are a private club (NOT Open to the Public), only members can use the range and non-members can shoot as a guest of members only. We do allow organization and groups the use of our range, like Hunter Education, Bullseye Pistol, Cowboy Action, Practical Pistol, the Young Marines, Boys Scouts of America, 4H Clubs, and others.
Who Can Join?
- Anyone who is a United States citizen or legal resident and can own a firearm legally.
- We sign up new members at our monthly board meetings which are held the second Tuesday of every month. However in July we have no board meeting and in March we hold our annual meeting on the First Saturday. The board meetings are held at the range in the club house and start promptly at 7:00 PM.
- There is a one time registration fee of $80.00 unless you are a member of Clark Rifle.
- Our annual membership dues are $100.00 (seniors, older then 62, are $70.00).
- Membership is per a household, meaning immediate family members and life partners under the same roof are included in the membership. However, they must come with the primary member or get their own access card to the range. Guest of members pay $5.00 per a visit and members cannot bring more than two guest at a time.
What is allowed to be shot?
Approved on: November 10, 2015
- No armor piercing or incendiary ammunition!
- Firearms (including center fire rifles) chambered for the hand gun cartridges listed below, provided their muzzle energy does not exceed 800ft/lbs.
Allowed Hand Gun Cartridges
22 short, 22 long, 22 long rifle, 22 mag rimfire, 25acp, 25 naa, 30 mauser, 30 luger, 32acp, 32/20, 32 s& w, 32 h&r magnum, 32 naa, 7.62 x 25mm, 30 carbine, 380 acp, 9mm luger, 38 s&w, 38 super, 357 sig, 38 special, 38 short colt, 38 long colt, 357 magnum, 38/40 win, 9mm makarov, 40 s&w, 10mm auto, 400 corbon, 41 ae, 41 magnum, 44 russian, 44 special, 44 magnum, 44 s& w american, 44/40 win, 45 gap, 45 auto rim, 45 acp, 45 colt, 45 Shofield
How to calculate muzzle energy:
E = (M x V²) ÷ K
where K = 450,435 and is derived from (2 x 32.1739 x 7000),
M is the weight of the projectile, in grains,
V is the velocity in feet per second
E is the energy in foot pounds.
Muzzle Energy Calculator
- You cannot shoot any closer than 15 feet to the target hangers. There is a yellow line down on the range floor that you CAN NOT go beyond to shoot.
- Maximum Distance is 50 feet. You CAN NOT be further away than the red line on the range floor
What are the hours of operation?
VRPC is open to members from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM, 7 days a week all year long. Provided there is no board approved schedule activity on the calendar.
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club is NRA, USA Shooting, and CMP Sanctioned Club.